SSSTS – Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme Training Course
The Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course is the most recognised training course for site supervisors in the UK. It is accredited by the CITB and covers all aspects of health and safety on site.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for first time managers or those about to acquire supervisory duties on site. It explains the individual’s legal and moral responsibilities, and gives guidance in the monitoring of groups of operatives. It will prepare delegates for the more involved Site Manager’s Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
Course content includes:
- Health & Safety legal responsibilities
- Managing Health & Safety at work
- Risk assessments
- Management of sub-contractors
- Measuring & monitoring of performance
- Hazards on site
- Working at Height
- Personal protection
Completion of the course:
Course assessment is determined by achievement in four criteria:
- Full attendance of all sessions
- Key excercises undertaken during the course
- Overall assessment by the course tutor
- Written examination paper
Successful delegates will receive the SSSTS certificate awarded by the CITB and be entered onto the CITB Construction Training Register.