Mobile Plant/Machinery (CPCS / NPORS / ITSAAR)
Please contact us directly to discuss your requirements as there are options available all around the Country on most items of Plant.
The first step when booking your mobile plant training, is deciding which approved body/certification you would like.
CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme)
CPCS provides a registration card scheme acknowledged by the industry for those involved in plant operations by recognising skills, knowledge and understanding, competence and qualifications. The procedure to gain your CPCS card is briefly explained below.
To gain a red Trainee card:
- Firstly, pass a CSCS Operators test (if not passed within the last two years).
- Undertake basic training on your chosen category e.g. Forklift, Telehandler.
- Take and pass your CPCS technical test undertaking theory and practical elements in your chosen category. (Your red trainee card will then be awarded).
- Obtain a NVQ in your chosen category (NVQ MUST be completed within two years of your red card being issued). Once NVQ is complete, apply for your blue card.
To gain a blue Competent Operator card:
- Pass a CSCS Operators test (if not passed within the last two years).
- Complete refresher training.
- Take and pass your CPCS technical test undertaking theory and practical elements in your chosen category. Apply for your blue card.
Renew your blue card every 5 years:
- Pass the CSCS Operators test (if not passed within the last two years).
- Pass the renewal test modules for each category you wish to renew.
Plus, achieve one of the following:
- Record at least 300 hours per category in your logbook.
- Complete an on-site assessment.
- Complete a practical test.
NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme)
Working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors, NPORS offers flexibility, whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally.
Once basic training and testing is undertaken, a ‘Trained Operator’ card will be issued, which will be valid for two years. During this period, the operator will be required to complete an NVQ in their chosen categories AND complete their logbook (which will need validating). Once achieved, the operator can apply for a ‘Competent Operator’ card, which will be valid for 5 years.
Existing NPORS Card Holders:
Existing NPORS card holders will be given the opportunity to apply for a transitional card. If the operator does not hold the relevant NVQ for the categories held on their NPORS card they will be issued with a ‘Trained Operator’ card, which will be valid for two years. They will be required to follow the same process as a new entrant.
If the operator holds the relevant NVQ for the categories held on their NPORS card they will be issued with a ‘Competent Operator’ card, which will be valid for 5 years.
ITSSAR (Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register)
ITSSAR has a vast knowledge and expertise in a broad range of mechanical handling equipment. Courses include Counterbalance, Reach and Powered Pallet Trucks among many others.
Unlike our other two mobile plant training options, ITSSAR do not require an NVQ to gain a competent card. Training is dependant on how experienced the operator is e.g. a novice may require up to 5 days training, but an experienced operator, with previous training may not require any training and may just opt for an onsite assessment.